Hi all! Since Kopano appears to have officially gone dark now I'm looking to migrate away from Kopano to something else. I'm evaluating the Grommunio appliance and I'm trying to look at the differences with Kopano. Quite a lot! I like what has happened with the configuration for the most part so far.
Things that I can't seem to work out:
- GAB user photo. Previously this came from my LDAP server through the thumbnailPhoto attribute by adding an
ldap_user_attributes=thumbnailPhoto 0x8C9E0102 This does not work however, it appears that at least webmail can't use that attribute?
- Previously I used the kopanoSendAsPermission attribute in LDAP to allow, well, sending as. It appears that Grommunio does not have this feature and it all has to go through the database?
- Where are attachments stored? In Kopano there was an option to either store in the database or on the filesystem. Does grommunio only allow storing in the database?
- In kopano-webapp I used
ENABLE_REMOTE_USER_LOGIN together with oauth2_proxy to have true single signon, it appears that that option is still present in the webapp code but removed from the config.php.default, does this still work as it used to?
- My email server only uses LDAP accounts, and my secondary MXses all have a copy of the LDAP tree, this way my postfix servers can just do user validation and alias expansion locally. Is it still possible to use this with grommunio? I realize that if there are users that ONLY exist in the database this won't work, but that is not true for any of my users.
- Is grommunio-webapp still compatible with kopano json themes?
Thanks for reading this and hopefully for your response :) So far grommunio looks pretty good, I'm excited to poke at it more in the coming days.